Surgery on the stomach as well as digestion tracts are for people with extreme obesity who have intentions to lose weight. Bariatric medical procedure is an option for individuals who have a body mass index (BMI) above 40. Surgery is likewise an option for individuals with a body mass index between 35-40, who have health problems like type-2 diabetes or heart disease.
Facts about obesity:
- Obesity implies having over-abundance body fat.
- Obesity is not just a cosmetic consideration. It is a ceaseless medical disease that can prompt to diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, gallstones and other chronic illnesses.
- Obesity is difficult to treat and has a high relapse rate. Most people who lose weight regain the weight within five years.
- Even though medications and diets can help, the treatment of obesity cannot be a short-term "fix" but must be a lifelong commitment to proper diet habits, increased physical activity, and regular exercise.
- The chances of long-term successful weight loss are enhanced if the doctor works with a team of professionals, including dietitians, psychologists, and exercise professionals
Our bariatric surgeon will advise you before, during and after treatment.